Who I am:
My name is Misti Van Zandt and I provide on location photography to the entire state of Texas and surrounding areas. I am based out of the Dallas / Ft Worth area and specialize in portrait one on one photography for High School Seniors, Teens & Children. I am also an agency approved photographer. I am a wife and Mom to 3 beautiful kids ages 15, 13 and 9. Yes I am a Mom and a Photographer but my camera didn't make me one, I did. My mind is filled with ideas and being able to express my creative nature though photography is simply amazing.
I love everything about photo shoots and creating fun unique sessions that give an experience of a lifetime. I am all about vivid color, unique angles and creating one of a kind art. Our goal is to do everything possible to capture images that make you feel like you just stepped out of a fashion magazine - edgy, fun, creative and unique images that stand out from the crowd. I like to look at pictures that make you smile, that touch your heart, that make a statement and that captivates you.
I will work with each of my clients to make sure they receive everything their heart desires. I am open to ideas, thoughts, themes, props, styles and new locations. Just ask! We talk shop about what to wear, tips and tricks for a great shoot, and how to get the most out of our shoot together! Do you want to know what I think about an outfit? Text it to me! It’s important for me to know how you want your images to look and what “vibe” you want out of them so that I can give you exactly what you want.
What you get from me:
I go into each shoot with the same excitement and energy as my first. There is a photographer on every corner, but there are only a few that can give you something that "POPS", something that stops people in their tracks and starts conversations. This investment will last a lifetime so make sure you are getting what you pay for. And finally, when you book your session you are also receiving my time and talent. I have done a lot of research, practice, trial & error on what angles will make you look your best, what lighting will make you look fantastic and what poses will really compliment your shoot. I don’t just snap away with my camera and hope for some lucky shots… I create the shot I want before I even raise my camera to my eye… then I capture that shot.
Awards and credits:
- I am an agency approved photographer and have been published many times.
- 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012 -Featured on Zulily, Group Deals and Jane.com for national ad campaign
- Magazine covers for Mansfield Magazine - May, June, July, Aug, Sept and Oct 2011. - Jan, Feb, May, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec 2012. - Jan, Feb, July, Aug 2013. - Sept, Oct 2014
- 2013 - Best Photographer featured in His Life Magazine
- 2013 - Was featured in Texas Child Modeling Magazine as Top Texas Children's Photographer with interview and article.
- Magazine Covers for His Life Magazine - June 2012 and Oct 2012
- Metal Mural best photo and feature at Photo Plus Expo 2012 NYC, Imaging USA 2013, Atlanta, WPPI in Vegas 13', Photoshop World in Orlando and Vegas.
- Advertising ads and Editorials for multiple stores and organizations - Indulge Magazine, Dallas Bridal, His Life Magazine, Mansfield Magazine, Mansfield Now, Texas Child Modeling Magazine, Child Model Magazine, Kids Model Magazine, Family Fun Magazine - countless boutiques and Etsy ads around the US.
Join us on social media -
- Facebook - VanZandt Studios
- Instagram - VanZandt Studios
- Twitter - Misti Van Zandt
- Pinterest - Misti Van Zandt
A few people you may know:
I get asked often who are some of the people I have taken pictures of? I have worked with many people over the years and here are some people I have shot. Usher, Mark Cuban, The Situation, Roger Staubach, Nolan Ryan, Spike Lee, Mike Doocy, DJ Samantha Ronson, Jake the Bachelor, Mallory McCarter Miss Mansfield 2011, Jessica Pilgram Miss Outstanding Teen 2011, Tamera Hilliard Miss Texas 1984, Rebecca Robinson Miss Texas 2009, Mark McLemore, Tori Langley and Cameron Frittz from MTV's My Life as Liz, and many other professional actors and models in the DFW area.